Tuesday, May 24, 2011

photo shoots, shipping crazies, VIPs, and info on the gold mystery bags!

Hello Lovelies!

It's been a while since I've updated everyone. Needless to say, it's been a bit crazy.

We had a very exciting photo shoot last Thursday that went just absolutely amazing! I just got to see some of the pictures from it in a preview, and I can not wait to share them with you all! Seriously...it's incredible! I'm hoping that by the end of June/beginning of July we will be able to post them to the Facebook! I can't tell you all yet what they are for,  but let me just stress how lucky we are to have the opportunity. :-)

Shipping got a little crazy in the last week as well. But things are back on track and I am setting up a weekly schedule for shipping. It will be every Monday OR Tuesday. Not both. I always have either one day or the other off of work, so I will be using those days to get all of the weeks shipping done. This is also only until school starts. When that begins, it will most likely be either ONLY Tuesdays in the mornings. And this is also only until I am done with college...I can't believe how much I am counting down the days until I don't have to worry about school and I can just focus on this...sigh.

I'm also looking into some package design stuff, logos for new top stickers, etc. We've got some cute necklaces that are going to be in the process soon too! Possibly for something we're working on called Tick:Tock VIP Membership. We're still figuring out details, but I will keep you guys posted.

Recently, we have also had the issue of finding out the ingredients for the colors in the gold mystery bags. I don't think I did a very good job explaining what these pigments are. So I guess, here is the quick run down:

When we first sat down to make our line of colors, we ordered a kit. This kit was made by the same company that we still buy our supplies from. But after we had made the colors for the line, we made a few just for fun colors. Shortly after, we got some bad news. Basically, the company was no longer offering the colors. (You can read what they had to say by following the link). But seeing what we had made, we decided we would offer the fun colors we had made in little gift bags, hence the gold bags. And we would still sell them. Unfortunately, we never named them, because originally we didn't think there was much we could do with them. But it would have been a huge waste to just have them sitting around. Today, I emailed the company only to find out that they will not be answering emails for a few days due to a death in the family, as well as Memorial day. So unfortunately, it seems like it is going to be an annoyingly slow process of getting a list of ingredients out to you guys. And I apologize for not getting this information to everyone sooner. It was just one of those things that completely slipped my mind. The question was also asked as to whether or not they are approved for use on lips. For now, my answer is no, and here is why. I believe that the blue mica used was not approved for use on lips, but I am going from memory. I am not 100% sure. To be safe, I am going to say that you should not use any of the blues or purples that come in the gold bags on your lips until I give you more information. I want you guys to be safe, and I want to get the information from the company first before I give the official "okay" to anything. I will add that ALL of our eye shadows are approved for use on eyes, and I would recommend not really using any of them on lips as that is not really their intended use. We want to see them on your eyes, or even cheeks if you want to. :-)

Hope this was an informative update. I'll keep everyone posted on more news as it comes in!

Hugs,
Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. I get you on the counting down until college/uni ends; I couldn't wait until I was finally done with school.

    I smiled when I saw the notice my items had been shipped. I hope Canada Post does not go on strike so soon (or even better, not at all!), and I'll be able to bring Metronome out to use in B.C. in two months :)

    Tick:Tock VIP Membership sounds like a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete